Monday, July 7, 2008

Chasing down a dream...



Some of you may not know this but I've only started photographing babies a year ago last July - So I thought I would mark that anniversary with this post! As I had been shooting weddings and family portraits over 5 years part-time, I had a previous wedding client, Jill Robinson and Marc Hubler, who contacted me to photograph their daughter Alexandra. I remember when they asked if would I was a bit nervous in thinking that...ack! I'm not that great with babies since I'm not use to being around them as only one of my girlfriends had a 1 year old. How do I communicate with them? How can they understand direction??? Well, wouldn't you know it....I totally fell in love with her and every baby after that!
It was such a joy and I just can't seem to get enough of it! So I thought I'd share a couple of those images that started the baby fever at SugarTree. Jill has asked me to photograph Alex again to mark year 2nd birthday and I'll have those posted in a few weeks...



However, today marks the day that I start chasing down my dream of being published in the Baby Couture Magazine - http://www.babycouturemag.com I absolutely love their style and layouts and can't stop turning the pages for inspiration! One day Baby Couture...one day :)
And I've also added to the list:

Wondertime - http://wondertime.go.com/

The Today's Parent - http://www.todaysparenttoronto.ca/

It was through Today's Parent that I had my first successful vendor show last November at The Today's Parent Baby and Toddler Show at the Toronto Metro Convention Centre. Look for me there again this year!



No comments: